Safety is important to all of us, especially when it comes to outside space. It’s not uncommon for people to have pools in their gardens, or even balcony’s off of their bedrooms, but to keep these spaces safe, it is essential to have a railing around it. This is where aluminium balustrades in Perth come into play, they not only provide a secure space for everyone, but they also add a pleasing astatic to your outside space. Although these railings are common, it isn’t so common to see someone installing them. So if you are considering getting the best aluminium balustrade Perth, here is a quick guide on how to properly install your new railings.
- The first thing you need to remember before setting up your aluminium balustrade in Perth is that it must comply with the Australian safety standards. If you are unsure what these are, make sure you check with your local council, as they vary depending on your region. Once you know what regulations you need to adhere to, you can begin setting up.
- In order to install your aluminum balustrade in Perth, you will need to have some tools at hand. So make sure you have a tape measure, spirit level, drill, hacksaw, string line and a pencil. It is better to make sure you have everything you need before you begin setting everything up, as it will just slow down the process if you have to stop half way through to get something.
- Once you have everything you need, work out how many panels is needed to surround the area, then mark the position of each post. It is important to remember than panels fixed to a wall will require a top rail bracket. Now is when you should start measuring and adjusting the lengths of the railings, so once you are certain how long each piece needs to be, cut the rails to the needed length.
- Starting is the most difficult bit, as this needs to be right; any wonkiness will have an impact on the rest of the railing. Begin at one end and either attach to a wall. If you are putting a railing around a pool, or an area with no walls near by, you can simply install an end post.
- The next panel should be slightly easier to attach than the first, as the rails will slot together. Depending on the brand, the mechanism might be different, however, there should be specific instructions if you are struggling. Once the two parts are slotted together, fix in place with tek screws. Make sure that the rail is in place and tightly attached to the piece next to it. You also want to make sure that all panels are straight and level- this is where the spirit level will come in handy. Continue attaching the pieces together until you have surrounded your desired area.
- Once all the pieces are together, you’ll need to go around and secure all of the posts to the floor. This will make the railing more stable and will ensure that it won’t fall over. The type of flooring you have will make a difference in how you attach the railing, but the instructions that come with your railings should specify how you need to secure the structure to each floor surface.
- The last thing you need to do is fix any corner and end posts, and double check that they are secure. These posts will keep most of the structure in place, so it is essential that they are tightly screwed in place. Once you are sure they are stable, you are finished and your rail should stand the test of time.